Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Fam


You can pretty much forecast the weather by the return of the eagles to Midway.  Usually they arrive in November around Thanksgiving and you can be sure Utah Winter has arrived.  The temperatures are 'Cold' when the eagles return to their roost.  I have seen as many as 15 eagles at one time in these trees before.  Drive a little further west in Provo Canyon and you are able to see the elk herd.  Once we saw the elk crossing the river just below Little Deer Creek as if someone had positioned them for the Robert Duncan 'In the Canyon' painting.  It was awesome. Then, close to the mouth of American Fork Canyon, there are the big horn sheep.  I think my drive between Midway and Alpine should be designated as ''Jo's Part of the Planet'.  I claim all these guys as my own.  It's Utah winter at it's best - Enjoy!     

No comments: